WaterAid were keen to work in an agile way for this project so that we could work on the requirements, learning as we went. It was not clear what the discovery would reveal so flexibility of features and development was key to a successful workflow. We agreed an agile contract that allowed them to book our time an iteration at a time and work through the tasks creating features, testing and getting user feedback as we went.
Part of the challenge of the project was understanding how we could encourage greater participation from these users. We worked with the client and the users to determine how to achieve this and make it easy for people to contribute to the information on the website. We ended up implementing some simple features for this so that we could test whether people are willing to participate in this way.