Having worked for ten years in tech-enabled monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL), I think we need to address three systemic issues: complexity, interoperability and affordability. This is important because money and opportunities are being wasted through a lack of joined-up thinking. I have some ideas about what we can do...
ICT Consultant for International Development
A versatile project manager, software developer, consultant and evaluator with over 13 years’ experience, George specialises in IT tools for monitoring, learning and evaluation. He has a MSc. in Human-Centered Computer Systems and is passionate about accessibility and usability. George has worked and travelled widely in Africa, Asia and Europe. He is a keen musician, which does not always come through in the projects he works on.
Skills and Experience
- Developing web applications (e.g. Django/Python, PHP/WordPress, Drupal)
- Developing offline applications
- Database design
- Software engineering
- Agile project management & product development
- Technology evaluation
- Low-bandwidth optimisation
- Graphic design
- User experience (UX) design
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Participatory design & development
- ICT4D project design and strategy